- 1994-1998: Student, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Sciences, VNU.
- 1998-1999: Master course, Laboratory of Electro-chemical Analysis, Freedom University, Belgium.2001-2002
- Master course, Laboratory of Environmental Catalysis, University of Claude Bernad (Lyon 1), France.
- 2002-2006: PhD student, Laboratory of Catalysis, Technologies and Sciences University of Lille, France.
Professional Career - Administrative Career
- 2000-2001: Lecturer in Department of Petroleum Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Sciences, VNU.
- 2007- present: Lecturer in Department of Petroleum Chemistry, Faculty of Chemistry, University of Sciences, VNU.
- 2013- present: Head of Department, Faculty of Chemistry University of Sciences, VNU.
Research and Training Results
- Catalysts for conversion of light hydrocarbons into fuels and petrochemical products upgraded.
- Catalyst for conversion of biomass into chemical valuable compounds or fuel additives.
- Photocatalysts for conversion of CO2 into precursor of clean fuel and energy.
- Photocatalysts for treatment of organic pollutants in water.
- Catalysts for treatment of VOC in air.
Publication: More than 40 national and international publications.
PhD student: 01
5 most significant publication
- J.-M. Giraudon, T.B. Nguyen, G. Leclercq, S. Siffert, J.-F. Lamonier, A., Chlorobenzene total oxidation over palladium supported on ZrO2, TiO2 nanostructured supports, Catal. Today, 137 (2008) 379.
- NGUYEN Thanh Binh, LUU Thi Thanh Tam, NGUYEN Thi Ngoc Quynh, Total oxidation of toluene on nano-perovskite La1-xBxCoO3 (B: Ag, Sr), e-Journal of Surface Science and Nanotechnology (Japan), 9 (2011) 486 – 489.
- J.-F. Lamonier, T.B. Nguyen, M.Francco, S.Siffert, R. Cousin, Y. Li, X.Y. Yang, B.-L.Su, J.-M. Giraudon, Influence of the meso-macroporous ZrO2-TiO2 calcination temperature on the pre-reduced Pd/ZrO2-TiO2 (1/1) performance in chlorobenzene total oxidation, Catal. Today, 164 (2011) 566-570.
- Thanh Binh NGUYEN, Cédric GENNEQUIN, Renaud COUSIN, Haingomalala Lucette TIDAHY, Thi Thu Ha VU, Thanh Son LE, Huu Thu HOA, Stephane SIFFERT, CeO2-Bi2O3 catalysts’ supports for toluene total oxidation, Chem Today, 31(4) (2013) 8-11.
- NGUYEN Thanh Binh, CHU Ngoc Chau, LE Thanh Son, NGUYEN Thi Ngoc Quynh, Investigation of conversion of fructose to 5-hydroxymethylfurfural over carbon skeleton-based acid catalyst, Int. J. Chem. Sci., 14(2) (2016) 704-710.
- Award of Party Committee of Vietnam National University.
- Award of Director of Vietnam National University.
- Award of Syndicate of Vietnam National University
- Award of Excellent Young Lecturer of Vietnam National University
- 1998-1999: Scholarship of Association of Francophone Universities (AUF).
- 2001-2003: Scholarship of 322 program.
- 2003-2007: PhD Scholarship of project Interreg III, France.