- Postdoc/exchanging scholar (School, period):
- KOSEF (Korean Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea, 2002-2003)
- JSPS (Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan, 2003-2005)
- PhD from Ministry of Education and Training (School, period): (Vietnam National University, Hanoi, 1996-1/2000)
- M.S (School, period)
- B.S/B.A (School, period): Belorussian State University (Minsk) (1989-1994)
WORKING PROCESS AND POSITIONS
- 1994-2000: Researcher, Institute of Natural Product Chemistry, National Center for Natural Science and Technology, Vietnam
- 1996: Researcher, School of Chemistry, University of Sydney, Australia
- 1997-1998: Researcher, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Technical University Berlin, Germany
- 2001: Post-doctoral Researcher, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University Hamburg, Germany
- 2002-2003: KOSEF Post-doctoral Researcher, Korean Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology, Daejeon, Korea
- 2003-2005: JSPS Post-doctoral Researcher, Hiroshima University, Hiroshima, Japan
- 2011: Visitor, Department of Chemistry, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, Illinois, USA
- Academic position (year): Associate Professor (2007)
RESEARCH DIRECTIONS AND PROJECTS
- Study of flavor chemistry and bioactive natural compounds from plant essential oils of Vietnam.
- Study of isolation, structures and biological activities of natural compounds from plants of Vietnam.
- Study of synthesis of new chemical structures from natural compounds from Vietnamese plants.
- Peter Weyerstahl, Helga Marschall, Phan Tong Son, Phan Minh Giang, Constituents of the flower essential oil of Aglaia odorata Lour. from Vietnam, Flavour and Fragrance Journal 1999, Vol. 14, No. 4, 219-224.
- Phan Minh Giang, Hui Zi Jin, Phan Tong Son, Jeong Hyung Lee, Young Soo Hong, Jung Joon Lee, ent-Kaurane diterpenoids from Croton tonkinensis inhibit LPS-induced NF-kB activation and NO production, Journal Natural Products 2003, Vol. 66, No. 9, 1217-1220.
- Phan Minh Giang, Phan Tong Son, Katsuyoshi Matsunami, Hideaki Otsuka, New megastigmane glucosides from Vietnamese medicinal plant Excoecaria cochinchinensis Lour. var. cochinchinensis, Chemical and Pharmaceutical Bulletin 2005, Vol. 53, No. 12, 1600-1603.
- Hailemichael Tesso, Wilfried A. König, Phan Tong Son, Phan Minh Giang, Composition of the essential oil of flowers of Chloranthus spicatus (Thunb.) Makino, Flavour and Fragrance Journal 2006, Vol. 21, No. 4, 592-597.
- Phan Minh Giang, Vu Minh Trang, Katsuyoshi Matsunami, Phan Tong Son, Application of the taraxerane-oleanane rearrangement to the synthesis of seco-oleanane triterpenoids from taraxerone, Natural Product Research 2015, Vol. 29, No. 1, 64-69.
- Representative young lecturer of Vietnam National University, Hanoi, in 2001.
- Award of Vietnam National University, Hanoi, for the representative scientific work in 2008 “Study of extraction procedure of anticancer ent-kaurane diterpenoids from Croton tonkinensis” (Decision 873/QĐ-KHCN of Vietnam National University, Hanoi)